Skyy Spirits, LLC., the definitive marketer and distributor of super-premium and luxury spirits brands in North America, announces the promotion of Gerry Ruvo to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer effective immediately. Ruvo was formerly President and CEO. In addition to this appointment, the company has also created a new position of Chief Operating Officer/Chief Marketing Officer to be filled by Andrea Conzonato, who was most recently Group Marketing Director for Skyy Spirits' parent company, Gruppo Campari in Milan.
Ruvo's career in the beverage alcohol industry spans more than three decades including ten years at Skyy Spirits, where he assumed the role of President and CEO in 2005. Ruvo has led the San Francisco-based company to the position of tenth largest sprits firm in the United States. The Skyy Spirits portfolio has grown exponentially since the company's founding in 1992 and now includes 24 vodka, tequila, rum, aperitif, liqueur and whisk(e)y brands.
As the company's first Chief Operating/Chief Marketing Officer, Andrea Conzonato will oversee sales, marketing and company operations, reporting directly to Ruvo. Tapped for his wealth of experience in the consumer packaged goods industry, Conzonato's career includes positions in marketing, product development, supply chain, finance and sales. Prior to his role as Gruppo Campari's Group Marketing Director, he held positions with Procter and Gamble, where he worked for 13 years in the US and abroad on a variety of high-profile international brands, such as Ivory Soap, Old Spice, Oral-B, Pantene, Max Factor and Noxzema. In his most recent role at Procter and Gamble he headed up the Health and Beauty division in Italy.
'With Gerry's promotion to Chairman and CEO and Andrea's appointment to COO/CMO, we look forward to the continued strong growth of our US business,' said Gruppo Campari CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz.
This year has already been a pivotal one for Skyy Spirits. Since January 1, 2008, the company has launched a number of important new brands and marketing initiatives. Examples include:
• The launch of SKYY Infusions(TM), a 100% all-natural infused experience made with premium SKYY Vodka and succulent real fruit. A companion mobile marketing tour and 360 degree promotional activity accompanied this launch.
• A comprehensive marketing deal with New Line Cinema to serve as the official spirits sponsor and promotional partner for the blockbuster film Sex and the City.
• The redesign of the iconic SKYY Vodka bottle to a sleeker, more contemporary shape.
• The official launch of Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo Tequila as a member of the Skyy Spirits portfolio.
• Becoming the sole US importer, distributor and marketer for Bowmore(R) Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Auchentoshan(R) Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Glen Garioch(R) Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, and Flor de Caña(R) Rums.
With Ruvo's appointment, Skyy Spirits also announced that Chairman Tony Foglio has stepped down from his current role to pursue other interests. Remarked Ruvo, 'Tony has been a driving force behind the growth of SKYY Vodka and Skyy Spirits. I have known Tony for more than 20 years and I will personally miss his exceptional business sense and sharp wit. The entire company wishes him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.'
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.