Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) yesterday announced that its executive leadership team is now complete with the hiring of Roger Theodoredis as the company's chief legal officer and Tabassum Zalotrawala as chief development officer. Both Theodoredis and Zalotrawala will report to Brian Niccol, the company's chief executive officer.
Chipotle has welcomed new executive leaders in 2018, beginning with Brian Niccol's appointment to CEO and member of the Board in March of this year. Each member of the team brings a unique set of experience that will allow Chipotle to deliver on its strategy of winning today and cultivating a better future.
The full leadership team includes:
- Brian Niccol, chief executive officer
- Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman
- Marissa Andrada, chief people officer
- Scott Boatwright, chief restaurant officer
- Chris Brandt, chief marketing officer
- Curt Garner, chief digital and information officer
- Jack Hartung, chief financial officer
- Laurie Schalow, chief communications officer
- Roger Theodoredis, chief legal officer
- Tabassum Zalotrawala, chief development officer
Specifically, the leadership team is focused on these five strategic focus areas:
- Becoming a more culturally relevant and engaging brand that builds love and loyalty;
- Digitizing and modernizing our restaurant experience to create a more convenient and enjoyable guest experience;
- Running great restaurants with great hospitality and throughput;
- Being disciplined and focused to enhance our powerful economic model; and
- Building a great culture that can innovate and execute across digital, access, menu, and the restaurant experience.
"I am energized about having such a world-class executive leadership team in place to accelerate our strategic goals. Roger and Tabassum are perfect additions to the team, and their experience will be essential as Chipotle focuses on winning today and cultivating a better future," said Brian Niccol. "I'm confident that this team will lead Chipotle's culture of purpose, innovation, and accountability to deliver new levels of growth and value for customers and shareholders."
Theodoredis comes to Chipotle from Danone North America, where he served as general secretary with responsibility for legal, public affairs, communications, scientific affairs and corporate security. He previously served in various legal roles at WhiteWave Foods Company until its acquisition by Danone, N.A. in April 2017, Mead Johnson Nutritionals and Chiquita Brands International.
Zalotrawala most recently served as chief development officer and vice president design, construction, facilities and strategic sourcing at Panda Restaurant Group. She previously held roles at Arby's Restaurant Group, first as a franchisee and later focusing on store development and franchisee support.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.