Technomic Reveals the Real Craft Beer and Cider Trends in Restaurants and Bars
- August, 6 2014
Craft beer and hard cider are on the fast track in restaurants and bars today, but Technomic's recently completed On-Premise Craft Beer & Cider study reveals that all is not as it seems with these trending beverages.
The multi-faceted research project tracks ongoing growth for craft beer in restaurants and bars, identifies leading brands by region and dives into cider's evolution. The study also busts some myths and clarifies several misconceptions, such as:
- More craft beer and cider is purchased at retail than in restaurants and bars
- Only women drink cider
- Hispanic consumers don't drink craft beer
- Cider consumers are primarily switching from white wine
Technomic's 2014 On-Premise Craft Beer & Cider study provides a unique, clear picture of the consumer, brand and on-premise dynamics at play. Other key topics covered in the study include:
- Craft beer defined -- Consumer insights on which attributes define a beer as craft, and how consumers categorize various beer brands
- Competitive landscape – National on-premise leading craft beer and cider brands, and regional craft beer leaders' performance and menu penetration
- Key on-premise purchase decision influencers – The role of menus, samples, tap handles, glassware and more
- Restaurant and bar operator insights – Trends, opportunities and challenges around selection, menus, training and profitability
Press Inquiries: Donna Hood Crecca, 631-265-3839, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing Details: Patrick Noone, 312-506-3852, or email@example.com
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.