Smashburger Debuts Viral Social Media Campaign #SmashRoadTrip
- June, 16 2014
Smashburger announced it is kicking off summer with a special social media campaign geared towards creating awareness for its regional burger recipes. At the end of Phase I of the #SmashRoadTrip, Smashburger will have toured markets such as Tulsa, Nashville, Alabama, Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington D.C., New Jersey, Boston, New York & Brooklyn. In each market during the road trip, Smashburger is giving away Free Burgers for a Year to one lucky participant who posts their favorite Smashburger photo to the company’s Instagram account @Smashburger and uses the hashtag #SmashRoadTrip. Participants will have up to four days after entrance into the city to partake in the contest.
“We knew creating a social media campaign around our unique regional burger recipes would be engaging for our fans,” said Stacie Lange, EVP of Communications for Smashburger. “Whether you’ve been to our restaurant in New Orleans and tried our burger with a fried green tomato and creole mustard or Boston where we top the burger with Cranberry Stilton Cheese and Cranberry Sauce, there is a lot of passion for our food. It’s creating tremendous talk value.”
Over 80,000 fans have participated since the campaign began on May 10th of this year. Smashburger has seen a spike of 20% reach, hundreds of user-generated burger photos and 2 million campaign impressions.
The #SmashRoadTrip has highlighted the unique ingredients in these special regional burgers so far:
- Tulsa - Oklahoma Burger - Fried Pickles
- Nashville -Tennessee Burger - Grilled Garlic Jalapenos
- Alabama - Dixie Burger - White BBQ Sauce & Fried Green Tomato
- Miami -Miami Burger - Chorizo & Frita Potatoes
- Jacksonville - Sunshine, Bacon & Cheese Burger - Citrus Orange BBQ Sauce
- Atlanta - Georgia Burger - Williamson Bros. BBQ Sauce & Wicked Pimina Cheese
- Carolinas - Carolina Chili Burger - Beefy Chili & Duke’s Mayo
- Washington D.C. - Captial Burger - Baby Arugula
- New Jersey - New Jersey Burger - Blue Cheese
- Boston - New Englander Burger - Cranberry Stilton Cheese & Cranberry Sauce
- Manhattan - New Yorker Burger - NY Cheddar & Garlic Grilled Onions
- Brooklyn - Brooklyn Burger - Grilled Pastrami
Smashburger is a leading fast casual “better burger” restaurant with more than 272 corporate and franchise restaurants operating in 30 states and in four international countries. The company began in 2007 with the vision of Rick Schaden and funding by Consumer Capital Partners—the private equity firm that he and his father Richard own. By offering fresh, premium “smashed to order” burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, signature side items and hand-spun Häagen-Dazs shakes, Smashburger has modernized the way people think about burgers. Known for localizing its menu in every market with regionally inspired burgers, side items and local craft beers, Smashburger has received numerous awards, including ranking #2 on Franchise Times “2014 Fast & Serious” list of smartest-growing brands, being named “America’s Most Promising Company” by Forbes Magazine in 2011 and to the Top 10 in 2014, topping Fast Casual’s “Top Mover & Shakers” list for 2014 and 2012, and being featured on the Inc. 500 List of “America’s Fastest Growing Companies.” Smashburger also regularly receives “Best Burger” awards in cities around the world.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.