Dunkin' Brands Opens More Than 50 Non-Traditional U.S. Locations in 2013
- February, 10 2014
- Dunkin' Brands
Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN), the parent company of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins, announced it opened more than 50 non-traditional U.S. locations in 2013, at airports and other mass transportation terminals, casinos and resorts, military bases, and colleges and universities around the country.
"Dunkin' Brands has been developing non-traditional locations with our partners for over 20 years, and 2013 has proven to be a strong growth year for us as we continue to expand to many opportune venues," said Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of global franchising and business development, Dunkin' Brands. "Our franchisees enjoy the flexibility of these sites, and guests love the convenience of grabbing their favorite food and beverage items on the go, wherever their busy schedules may take them."
The first Dunkin' Donuts now available to the public in California is a non-traditional site, which opened at the historic Barstow Station in November 2013, and the company experienced continued growth in the hotel and lodging sector with the opening of two new Dunkin' Donuts locations at Great Wolf Lodge resorts in Michigan and Virginia.
In addition, the company opened 12 new Dunkin' Donuts airport locations, including Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport; Louis B. Armstrong International Airport in New Orleans, La.; Dallas-Love Field Airport; JFK International Airport Terminal 1; Newark International Airport Terminal B; George Bush Houston International Airport; Greater Rochester International Airport in Rochester, N.Y.; Blue Grass Airport in Lexington, Ky.; Denver International Airport; and Philadelphia International Airport Terminal A.
Other Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins openings included:
- Westfield State University, Norwich University, Merrimack College, Brandeis University and University of Rhode Island
- NBC Sports Network in Stamford, Conn.; Capital One in Richmond, Va.; Internal Revenue Service in Lanham, Md.; West Palm Beach Public Library in Fla.; and AON Center in Chicago
- Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, N.M., and Sheppard Air Force Base in Sheppard, Texas
- Casino locations at Harrah's AK-Chin in Maricopa, Ariz.; Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino in Laveen, Ariz.; and Resorts International in Atlantic City, N.J.
- Multiple locations on the Connecticut Turnpike System and two locations on the Kansas Turnpike, as well as Petro Stopping Center locations in Perrysburg, Ohio, and Remington, Ind.
- Mass transit center openings at the Worcester Center and Sullivan Station in Massachusetts and State Street facility with the Chicago Transit Authority.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.