Howard Shultz Tops Nation's Restaurant News Restaurant Industry Power List
- January, 30 2014
- Restaurant News Resource
Penton's Nation's Restaurant Newshas announced The Power List, exploring the 50 most influential individuals driving development in the restaurant industry.
"The restaurant industry, and business in general, is changing at a pace never before seen," says Sarah Lockyer, Editor-in-Chief of Nation's Restaurant News. "With this Power List, NRN set out to create a definitive list of the 50 most powerful people who are leading and shaping this change."
"This power matrix -- developed with the strength of our editorial authority -- accounts for every corner of the restaurant industry, from limited service to fine dining and from investment banking to menu development."
Ranking Nos. 1-10, and grouping the remaining 40 players, the Top 10 prove to be not only key players in the foodservice industry, but also some of the top influencers of global business dynamics.
The Power List Top 10, as determined by Nation's Restaurant News are:
- Howard Shultz, chairman, president and chief executive; Starbucks Corp.
- Steve Ells, founder, chairman and co-chief executive; Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc.
- Julia Stewart, chairman and chief executive, DineEquity Inc.
- Neal Aronson, founder and managing partner, Roark Capital Group
- Dan Cathy, chairman, president, and chief executive; Chick-fil-A Inc.
- Sally Smith, president and chief executive, Buffalo Wild Wings Inc.
- Don Thompson, president and chief executive, McDonald's Corp.
- Brooke Johnson, president, Food Category; Scripps Networks Interactive Inc./ Food Network and Cooking Channel
- Greg Creed, chief executive, Taco Bell
- Sam Su, chairman and chief executive, Yum! Restaurants China
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.