Meritage Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results, Continued Sales Growth and Restaurant Expansion
- October, 25 2012
- Meritage Hospitality Group
Meritage Hospitality Group Inc. (OTCQX: MHGU), one of the nation's premier restaurant operators, today reported financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Sales increased 3.3% to $25.0 million compared to $24.2 million for the same period last year.
- Income from Operations was $649,000 compared to $819,000 for the same period last year.
- Net Income increased 100.5% to $845,000 compared to $422,000 for the same period last year.
- Consolidated EBITDA (a non GAAP measure) increased 62.5% to $1,657,000 million compared to $1,020,000 million for the same period last year.
- The Company declared its 36th consecutive quarterly dividend on its Series B Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock of $0.20 per share, which was payable on October 1, 2012 to shareholders of record as of September 15, 2012.
- The Company acquired three Wendy's restaurants located in North Carolina and South Carolina on October 1, 2012.
Year-to-Date 2012 Highlights
- Sales for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 increased 8.8% to $73.9 million compared to sales of $68.0 million for the same period last year.
- Income from Operations was $1,820,000 compared to $2,058,000 for the same period last year.
- Net Income increased 116.5% to $2,199,000 compared to $1,016,000 for the same period last year.
- Consolidated EBITDA (a non-GAAP measure) increased 51.4% to $4,099,000 compared to $2,707,000 in 2011.
Meritage Hospitality Group is one of the nation's premier restaurant operators, with 92 restaurants in North America. Meritage is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan operating with approximately 3,000 employees.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.