Groupon Serves Up Breadcrumb®, an IPad Point-of-Sale Solution for Hospitality Businesses
- October, 11 2012
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) announced the national launch of Breadcrumb® (www.breadcrumbpos.com), an easy-to-use, powerful and affordable point-of-sale (POS) solution that runs on iPads for restaurants, bars and cafes. Created by a team of hospitality industry veterans, Breadcrumb removes the complexities and lowers the costs associated with antiquated POS systems. Plans start as low as $99 per month and include free installation and 24/7 phone and email support.
After a successful New York City pilot, Breadcrumb, acquired by Groupon earlier this year, is now available to all hospitality businesses in the United States. Restaurants, bars and cafes using the iPad-based POS system instantly have access to the following benefits:
“As someone who worked in the hospitality industry, I grew tired of paying tens of thousands of dollars for overly complex and unreliable POS systems that were difficult to use”
- Simplicity – Delivers the ease of use of an iPad app; search for items or rearrange tables with a finger swipe; no required computer servers to manage and software updates are free and automatic
- Powerful Features – Everything users need to operate more efficiently and deliver impeccable customer service: merge or split checks, add or adjust menu items, specify guest notes and modifiers, set employee access levels, manage time-clocks and view real-time sales and labor reports
- Affordable Pricing – Costs thousands of dollars less than other systems, with no upfront fees or long-term commitments, and includes support and updates – all for as low as $99 per month
- Money-Back Guarantee – Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Expert Help – Includes free installation assistance and 24/7 technical support from a dedicated team of Breadcrumb specialists with years of hospitality experience
Businesses that sign up for Breadcrumb receive a Breadbox™ containing the equipment they order to setup and install their new system, eliminating the need to work with multiple vendors. A typical Breadbox order contains an iPad, iPad stand, cash drawer, credit card swipe, printer, router, wireless access point and cables. In addition, Breadcrumb is fully integrated with Groupon Payments™ (http://www.grouponworks.com/payments), a better way to accept credit cards at the lowest overall rates.
“My favorite part about Breadcrumb is the reliability and the number of features that are available to help run your business. I own a bar, coffee shop and restaurant and it allows me to run multiple types of hospitality businesses off of one system,” said Ben Sadler, Owner, The Queens Kickshaw, New York.
Restaurants, bars and cafes interested in learning more about Breadcrumb can visit http://www.breadcrumbpos.com. The Breadcrumb App can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store.
The Breadcrumb satisfaction guarantee is valid only to merchants who cancel their Breadcrumb POS service within 30 days from the account activation date. The guarantee only applies to subscription fees and amounts paid for hardware purchased to operate the Breadcrumb POS service and ordered by Breadcrumb on behalf of the merchant. Merchants may only use the satisfaction guarantee once for every Breadcrumb location. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable for the initial hardware purchase or for returning products. Hardware must be returned in original packaging and in good condition. Acceptance of returned hardware is subject to the reseller’s discretion. Additional terms and conditions apply. Please see the Breadcrumb website for details.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) launched in November 2008 in Chicago, features deals on the best stuff to do, eat, see and buy in 48 countries around the world. Groupon uses collective buying power to offer huge discounts and provide a win-win for businesses and consumers, delivering more than 1,000 daily deals globally.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.